Rumi Quotes

You have no idea how hard I've looked

for a gift to bring You.
Nothing seemed right.
What's the point of bringing gold to
the gold mine, or water to the ocean.
... Everything I came up with was like
taking spices to the Orient.
It's no good giving my heart and my
soul because you already have these.
So I've brought you a mirror.
Look at yourself and remember me. ♥



Rumi ♥

I was dead, I came alive. I was tear, I became laughter - all because of love. When it arrived, my temporal life from then on changed to eternal. Love said to me, "You are not crazy enough, you do not fit this house." I went and became crazy; crazy enough to be in chains. Love said, "You are not intoxicated enough; you don't fit the group." I went and got drunk, drunk enough to overflow with the light-headedness. Love said, "You are still too clever filled with imagination and skepticism." I went and became gullible and in fright pulled away from it all. Love said, "You are a teacher, your are a head, and for everyone you are a leader." I am no more a teacher, not a leader, just a servant to your wishes. Love said, "You already have your own wings, I will not give you more feathers." And then my heart pulled itself apart and filled to the brim with a new light - overflowed with fresh life. Now even the heavens are thankful that because of love, I have become the giver of light.

~ Rumi

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of it's furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.

~ Rumi

I am no longer just one drop.
I have become the Sea.
I speak the language of the heart where every
particle of me, united, shouts in ecstasy!

Rumi ♥

Be melting snow.

Wash yourself of yourself.
A white flower grows in the quietness.
Let your tongue become that flower.


Rumi

Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune:
every success depends upon focusing the heart.

~Rumi

Caught by our own thoughts,

we worry about everything.
But once we get drunk on that Love
Whatever will be, will be.

Rumi ♥

I will find new meaning in every joy and sorrow

In that silence, I will hear the voice of spirit,
and freed from this world, I will see another world
where the end is another beginning.

~ Rumi ♥

I love my friends neither with my heart nor with my mind.

Just in case heart might stop, mind can forget.
I love them with my soul.
Soul never stops or forget.

~ Rumi

Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune:

every success depends upon focusing the heart.
~Rumi

If you knew the secrets of life

you too would choose no other
companion but love.

♥ Rumi ♥

The time has come to turn
your heart into a temple of fire.
Your essence is gold hidden in dust.

To reveal its splendor,
you need to burn in the fire of Love.

Rumi ♥

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

♥ Rumi ♥

There is a force within

Which gives you life
Seek that.
In your body
Lies a priceless gem---
Seek that.
O wandering Sufi,
If you want to find
The greatest treasure
Don’t look outside,
Look inside, and seek that.


~ Rumi