Top 10 Foods for Better Sex.
Sex needs blood. Food builds blood.
Food is primary. Sex is elementary.
Sex is ecstasy. Food is delight.
Food is contemplation. Sex is meditation.
1. Avocados. Give me anything avocado and I’ll turn it into bliss. To those who ditch avocados because they’re “too fatty”, let me tattoo this on your fridge door:
Not all fats are evil. What’s wrong with us is called “unhealthy fats” or “the lack of healthy fats”.
Avocados are packed with healthy, unsaturated fats that keep your arteries clean and your blood flowing to all the right places.
In fact, men suffering from underlying heart disease, are also likely to experience erectile dysfunction.
But hey, if you don’t believe me, take it from the Aztecs (some of the strongest, smartest and healthiest warriors in history), who referred to avocadoes as… testicles.
Another benefit you get from fatting up on avocadoes is a lot of Vitamin E, which (gently) invites your sex hormones to take over and stimulate your sexual response.
2. Leafy greens. Broccoli, arugula, Swiss chard, kale, Brussel Sprouts… They’re high in minerals (calcium and magnesium, impatient to be absorbed) and pretty much all the essential nutrients you can imagine. They purify your blood, and make it flow like it means it.
3. Bananas. Let’s be adults here for a second. Bananas are the Kings of Potassium, a mineral necessary to build muscle strength—and muscles are… you know, those things that contract during an orgasm. So, if you say no to orgasm, you can still use you banana strength for other types of workouts.
4. Chocolate. Skip the sugar and keep it dark (at least 70% cocoa) to experience its full power.
Chocolate contains a stimulant—phenylethilamine, if you’re fluent in science—that gives you a natural high and releases the same endorphins triggered by sex. It’s like opening a door to a sunny day and saying: Yes! I think I’m ready to go for a walk!
It also increases your overall sensitivity, making your skin fully receptive to the slightest touch.
5. Maca. Some call it the “Natural Viagra”. It’s one of the most powerful medicinal plants available. Originally from Peru, this magic root tops the list of the so-called superfoods.
It acts as a strong libido enhancer, helps regulate hormones both in men and women and improves overall sexual function, among other amazing properties. It usually comes in powder form and it tastes like a strange, moon-dust cookie dough. You can add it to smoothies, juices, desserts… or take it as a supplement.
6. Strawberries & other berries. First of all, they are red and, according to recent experiments, red is subconsciously sexy (to most of us, consciously too). Secondly, they are high in folic acid, an essential B vitamin that prevents birth defects and keeps your arteries clean and clear.
They’re also high in antioxidants, which protect your blood from free radicals (chemical leakage interfering with your natural hormone production). But I’m sure that, based on deliciousness alone, you’re already converted to Berryism.
7. Citrus (oranges, kiwis, pomegranates) and Peaches. Other than antioxidants and folic acid, they’re high in Vitamin C, a strong libido booster. Vitamin C increases sperm counts and keeps your stuff alive and moving. (Via Nature’s Health Foods)
8. Celery. According to Alan Hirsch, M.D., author of Scentsational Sex,
“When you chew a stalk of celery, you release androstenone and androstenol odor molecules into your mouth. They then travel up the back of your throat to your nose… Once there, the pheromones boost your arousal, turning you on and causing your body to send off scents and signals that make you more desirable…”
Other than this sexy-scent production, celery is a detox food with great cleansing properties. It’s also filled with trace minerals, it lowers blood pressure and it contains silicon, essential to bone strength. (Funny fact: bones are 23% sodium, just like celery.)
9. Oatmeal and other gut-friendly, whole grains (brown rice, barley, etc.). Your gut is like your second heart in terms of body functions. What suits your gut, pretty much suits your heart and vice versa.
You know what else is also a mix of heart + guts + a little bit lot of brain? Yep, love.
More scientifically speaking, whole grains like oatmeal, increase your testosterone levels and they provide L-arginine, an amino acid that reduces stiffness in your blood vessels, frequently used to treat erectile dysfunction.
10. Almonds. They’re rich in trace minerals, especially zinc, which is found to increase libido and sexual desire.