Love & Poetry

The more I think about It, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others.

~ Vincent Van Gogh




‎A Potted Plant

I pull a sun from my coin purse each day.

... And at night I let my pet, the moon
run freely in the sky meadow.

If I whistled,
she would turn her head and look at me.

If I then waved my arms,
she would come back wagging a marvelous tail
of stars.

There are always a few men like me
in this world

Who are house-sitting for God.
We share God's royal duties:

I water each day a favorite potted plant
of God--
this earth.

Ask the Friend for love.
Ask Him again.

For I have learned that every heart will get
what it prays for
Most.

~ Hafez
















♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

under all silences

being to timelessness as it's to time,
love did no more begin than love will end;
where nothing is to breathe to stroll to swim
love is the air the ocean and the land

(do lovers suffer?all divinities
proudly descending put on deathful flesh:
are lovers glad?only their smallest joy's
a universe emerging from a wish)

love is the voice under all silences,
the hope which has no opposite in fear;
the strength so strong mere force is feebleness:
the truth more first than sun more last than star

-do lovers love?why then to heaven with hell.
Whatever sages say and fools,all's well

~ E.E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

love is

love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
more seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fall

it is most mad and moonly
and less it shall unbe
than all the sea which only
is deeper than the sea

love is less always than to win
less never than alive
less bigger than the least begin
less littler than forgive

it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the sky which only
is higher than the sky

~ E. E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

live by love

Trust your heart if the seas catch fire,
live by love though the stars walk backward.

~ E. E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

love are

the great advantage of being alive
(instead of undying)is not so much
that mind no more can disprove than prove
what heart may feel and soul may touch
—the great(my darling)happens to be
that love are in we,that love are in we

and here is a secret they never will share
for whom create is less than have
or one times one than when times where—
that we are in love,that we are in love:
with us they've nothing times nothing to do
(for love are in we am in i are in you)

this world (as timorous itsters all
to call their cowardice quite agree)
shall never discover our touch and feel
—for love are in we are in love are in we;
for you are and i am and we are(above
and under all possible worlds)in love

a billion brains may coax undeath
from fancied fact and spaceful time—
no heart can leap,no soul can breathe
but by the sizeless truth of a dream
whose sleep is the sky and the earth and the sea.
For love are in you am in i are in we

~ E.E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

thank you

i thank You God for most this amazing

day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
wich is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

~ E. E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

the secrets of living

may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living
whatever they sing is better than to know
and if men should not hear them men are old

may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even if it's sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young

and may myself do nothing usefully
and love yourself so more than truly
there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
pulling all the sky over him with one smile

~ E. E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

~ E. E. Cummings

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...